Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Weekly Resource Round-Up

My Top Five Sites To Visit

Share
Hello my friends! I realized while surfing the net, there are so many resourceful sites that I can share for you all to visit for general inspiration, tutorials, and knowledge. I hope you enjoy, and if you have any you want to share let me know!







 The author Mariyah is a freelance photographer based in Dubai. Like me, she has an addiction with anything fashion! She has a beautiful collection of fashion editorial eye candy you can feast your eyes on for days! Take my word, if your running low on fashion inspiration, this is the site for you!



This site is full of great sources for all fashion designers on every level! They offer a variety of FREE resources such as: Fashion Croquis, Fashion Sketches, CADs, and Fashion flats. They also offer helpful e-books on fashion design using Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator. I also found great articles on tips for careers in the fashion industry, and much more! I definitely feel this site is worth bookmarking for future reference.3

#3. The Fashion File

Bridget, the author is a fashion design student at SCAD-Savannah, and creates very unique illustrations. Her site has plenty of beautiful work(s) for you to gaze upon.  I definitely feel this young lady is on her way, and you can witness her talent blossom slowly by visiting her lovely blog. 


#4. Fashion Incubator

Kathleen Fasanella is the author of this very informative blog, and has over 27 years of experience in the apparel industry as a Professional Patternmaker.  She is also the author of The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Sewn Product Manufacturing, which according to most internet reviews is a definite must have for people getting into the apparel business as far as product development is concerned. I have not read the book myself, however it is definitely on my book wish list! She has a plethora of informative articles, tutorials, and a private as well as public forum. I definitely feel this site is well worth the visit.

 Even though this is not a site dedicated to design, I feel make-up is part of the overall inspiration for fashion. I am also a make-up addict, and this site is a great fix for this addiction! You can find celebrity-inspired make-up looks, and tips for application. This blog is one of my daily indulgences, and if you like the world of beauty as much as you do fashion, I am confident you will enjoy this site too.



I hope you all find these sites resourceful, and inspiring! Next week I will have a new round up for review, so stay tuned my friends! Remember if you have any sites you feel would be resourceful to the other readers please share! As always, comments are both appreciated & encouraged!






Fashionably Yours,

 


Since the tender age of twelve, Schaumin Chanel Alexander has been creating fashion illustrations, and designing Womens wear apparel. Shortly after graduating college with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design & Marketing, she began freelancing her talents. SchauminChanel is the main designer and chief operator of Creative Conceptz Ltd., a company dedicated to freelance fashion design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Say whats on your mind, we'd love to know!