Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Find Out What It Means To Me!

How to gain your client's respect

Share
 As a freelance professional, it is essential to be respected by your clients. A lot of freelancers however, tend to lose respect from their clients by detrimental mistakes such as: Inconsistent effort, Poor Communication, compromising their value with too low prices, and lack of professionalism. In this diary entry, I will discuss with you my top four essential tips that are sure to help you earn and keep respect from both current and prospective clients.

 
My Four Easy Steps To Gaining More Respect As A Freelance Professional



1. Never Sell Yourself Short!

 Whether you are applying for a gig with a corporate client, or a small company, always remember to mention all of your achievements. Be proud of what you achieved no matter what, but try not to come off as haughty or snobbish to potential clients. 


2. Always Charge What Your Worth

 It is so easy to be tempted to scale down your prices just to gain a client, but trust me when I say it isn't worth the hassle. I have been guilty of doing this in the past, and I was not at all happy with the outcome. Remember to be successful you must know your worth, name your price, and stick to it!


3. Always Produce Your Best Work

In the situation I covered int he section above, I felt a bit resentful about the work I would have to do, and how little I would be compensated for it. I felt unappreciated, especially knowing the type of work I am capable of producing. I was a bit tempted in lowering the quality of my work to match the low pay, but I resisted simply because my reputation is on the line. Always produce as if this assignment is your last; because word of mouth can sometimes spread quicker than your marketing efforts, and negative information always tends to stick on the longest as well.


4. Always Remain Professional

 As freelancers, we have the freedom to work the way we want, how we want, and most times where we want. This is a great perk, but it can also slowly condition some freelancers to become far too comfortable than need be. When meeting with clients, always dress professional, or at least business casual. Use appropriate language, always remain prompt for both meetings, and document everything. This shows the client you mean business, and that you also value their business.




Fashionably Yours,




Since the tender age of twelve, Schaumin Chanel Alexander has been creating fashion illustrations, and designing Womens wear apparel. Shortly after graduating college with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design & Marketing, she began freelancing her talents. SchauminChanel is the main designer and chief operator of Creative Conceptz Ltd., a company dedicated to freelance fashion design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Say whats on your mind, we'd love to know!